TCYH is a community health awareness initiative. We have created this section to support your efforts in helping patients better manage their health conditions. The site contains non-branded, non-product specific information, materials, tools and links on cancer screening information.
On this page you will find links to pages containing materials and tools for patients and clinicians on the various health topics covered on this website and in the "Take Control" TV vignettes.
- Cancer.Net Guides to Cancer
Detailed guides about a specific type of cancer, including symptoms, risk factors, diagnosis, staging, treatment, clinical trials, follow-up care, and questions to ask the doctor.
- ASCO Answers Fact Sheets
A one-page (front and back) introduction to a specific type of cancer, including an overview of what the cancer is, an illustration of where the cancer starts, how it is treated, terms to know, and questions to ask the doctor.
- Managing the Cost of Cancer Care
A booklet containing information, tools, and resources to help patients manage the financial impact of a cancer diagnosis. Available in English and Spanish.
- Advanced Cancer Care Planning
This free booklet is designed to help people with advanced cancer and their families understand the diagnosis and treatment options, discuss these options for care throughout the course of the illness, and find support.
- Cancer Care in Older Adults Booklet
A booklet that addresses the unique needs and concerns of older people with cancer based on the ASCO Curriculum, Cancer Care in the Older Population.
- Cancer Advances: News for Patients
Summaries of cancer research presented each year at ASCO's Annual Meeting and thematic meetings.
- What to Know: ASCO's Guidelines for Patients
Patient-friendly guides based on ASCO's Clinical Practice Guidelines for physicians.
- Find an Oncologist
Search the database of ASCO members who have made their contact information public.
- Order Promotional Materials
tell your patients about Cancer.Net, including referral cards, leaflets, cancer information prescription pads, and posters.
- American Cancer Society 2010 Guidelines for Early Detection of Cancer
Each year the American Cancer Society provides an update for physicians in recommended practices for early detection of cancer.
- Physician Resources for Screening and Treating Patients from the National Cancer Institute
The National Cancer Institute offers a comprehensive cancer database to assist physicians in the screening and treatment of cancer. The "Physician Data Query (PDQ)" contains:
- Summaries on a wide range of cancer topics
- A registry of 8,000+ open and 19,000+ closed cancer clinical trials from around the world
- A directory of professionals who provide genetics services
- The NCI Dictionary of Cancer Terms, with definitions for 6,800+ cancer and medical terms
- The NCI Drug Dictionary, which has information on 2,300+ agents used in the treatment of cancer or cancer-related conditions.