On this page, you will find information to help you to understand and deal with Cancer.
What Is Cancer Screening? – from the National Cancer Institute Some types of cancer can be found before they cause symptoms. Checking for cancer (or for conditions that may lead to cancer) in people who have no symptoms is called screening. Screening can help doctors find and treat some types of cancer early. Generally, cancer treatment is more effective when the disease is found early. However, not all types of cancer have screening tests and some tests are only for people with specific genetic risks.
For some types of cancer, research shows that using certain screening tests regularly will reduce deaths from that cancer.
For other types of cancer, screening methods are in use or being studied, but their ability to reduce the number of deaths from cancer has not been established.
- Learn About Cancer: From the American Cancer Society
- Staying Healthy to Avoid and Screen for Cancer
- Find Support and Treatment for Cancer
- Cancer Information and Materials in Spanish
- Cancer Topics: From the National Cancer Institute
- Information on Clinical Trials